Thursday, October 13, 2016

View Healthy Chicago 2.0 strategy presentation

In 2014 I posted this article introducing the Chicago Health Atlas web site.  It's part of a series of articles I've posted on this blog, and the Tutor/Mentor blog, showing public health strategies and how they support the growth of non-school tutor/mentor programs in high poverty areas.

Today I was able to view a strategic planning document from the Chicago Department of Public Health, as part of the Healthy Chicago 2.0 initiative. It's full of maps and data and shows a goal of generating involvement from all sectors of the Chicago region.  What's even better, this initiative is led by a former Cabrini Connections volunteer, Nic Prachand.

I have reached out to hospital and public health leaders since the late 1990s to build partnership and strategies that fill neighborhoods around each hospital with a wide range of non-school tutor, mentor and learning programs.

I hope I can find a way to have a meaningful role in the Healthy Chicago 2.0 initiative.

No comments: