Friday, November 20, 2015

National Center for Charitable Statistics

A couple of years ago I was introduced to a platform hosted by the Foundation Center, named the Philanthropy in/Sight map. I included a graphic from that site, and a link in this 2014 article. That link no longer works and in a meeting this week I learned that the Foundation Center had discontinued this program.

I also learned that the National Center for Charitable Statistics, a program of the Urban Institute, has replaced this service. I've just started to browse the site and become acquainted with its features. I encourage others to do the same and use comments on this blog, or your own blog articles, to describe those features and how they are being used to improve philanthropic support of hard-to-fund organizations like those serving youth and families in high poverty areas.

No comments: